Baking pork chops can make for an incredibly delicious meal, with succulent and juicy results. But if you’re not careful, it’s easy to end up with dry and tough pork chops that are far from enjoyable. The key to achieving perfectly cooked pork chops lies in understanding the proper temperature and cook time.
To simplify the process for you, we thought it would be helpful to lay out exactly how long does it take to bake pork chops at 350 °F. Read on for our expert tips for guaranteed success every single time.
- How Long Does Cooked Pork Last In The Fridge
- How Long to Smoke Pork Shoulder at 225 Degrees
- How Long To Cook Pork Shoulder At 350
- How to Smoke a Pork Butt for Delicious Pulled Pork
What are Pork Chops?
Pork chops are a type of meat cut from the loin of a pig, which is located between the shoulder and the beginning of the leg. Pork chops can be bone-in or boneless and are often sold in individual portions. They are a popular and versatile meat used in various dishes, including grilling, baking, or frying.
Is It Possible to Cook Pork Chops in Oven at 350 °F?
Yes, you can bake pork chops at 350°F (175°C). This is a common temperature used for baking pork chops. Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the pork chops. So, how long to bake pork chops at 350°F?
How Long Does It Take to Bake Pork Chops at 350 °F?
The length of time it takes to bake pork chops at 350 °F (175°C) depends on the thickness of pork chops. As a general rule, pork chops without bones, with a thickness of approximately one inch, will require around 25-30 minutes of baking time at 350 °F while bone-in pork chops that are about 1 inch thick may take slightly longer, around 30-35 minutes.
It is important to use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of pork chops. The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) recommends cooking pork to an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C) for safe consumption.
How Long Does It Take to Bake Pork Chops At 350 °F In Oven?
As I mentioned earlier, the baking time for pork chops at 350 °F(175°C) depends on the pork chops’ thickness. Here are some general guidelines for baking pork chops at 350 °F:
For boneless pork chops that are about 1 inch thick, bake them for 25-30 minutes.
For bone-in pork chops that are about 1 inch thick, bake them for 30-35 minutes.
How Long Does It Take to Bake Pork Chops At 350 °F After Searing?
If you choose to sear your pork chops before baking them, the baking time may be slightly shorter. Begin the process by setting the oven temperature to 350 °F (175°C).
Then, season pork chops and heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1-2 tablespoons of oil or butter. Cook each side of the pork chops for 2-3 minutes until they turn golden brown by searing them.
Transfer the pork chops into a baking dish that is suitable for use in oven and bake them in oven that has been heated in advance for 18 -20 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of pork chops and ensure they have reached at least 145°F (63°C).
How Long Does It Take to Bake Pork Chops at 350 °F in An Air Fryer?
If you are using an air fryer to bake your pork chops, the cooking time may be slightly shorter than if you were cooking them in an oven. To cook pork chops in an air fryer at 350 °F (175°C), start by preheating the air fryer for 3 minutes.
Season the pork chops and place them in the air fryer basket. Cook pork chops at 350 °F (175°C) for 10-15 minutes, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). Allow pork chops to rest for around 3 to 5 minutes before you plan to serve them.
How Long Does It Take to Bake Stuffed Pork Chops at 350 °F?
Stuffed pork chops are a delicious and flavorful meal option. When baking stuffed pork chops at 350°F (175°C), follow the same general guidelines as above: start by preheating the oven to 350 °F, season pork chops and bake them for 25-30 minutes.
How Long Does It Take to Bake Breaded Pork Chops at 350 °F?
Breaded pork chops are a quick and easy meal option that can be baked in oven. To bake breaded pork chops at 350 °F (175°C), preheat the oven to 350 °F. Place the breaded pork chops in an oven-safe baking dish and bake them for 30 to 40 minutes.
What Factors Can Impact the Baking Duration of Pork Chops?
the thickness of the chops, their degree of doneness desired and whether they have been pre-seared or are fresh are all factors that affect the baking time of pork chops.
If you prefer your pork chops to be more well done, then bake them for a longer amount of time.
Additionally, if you’re baking stuffed pork chops or breaded pork chops, they may require a longer baking time.
Finally, if you’re pre-searing pork chops before baking them, then they may not need as much time in oven.
How to Bake Pork Chops at 350 °F?
Here’s a simple recipe for baking pork chops at 350°F (175°C):
- Four pork chops with or without bones, with a thickness of approximately one inch.
- Add salt and pepper according to your preferred taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F(175°C).
- Apply a liberal amount of salt and pepper to both sides of the pork chops.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. If desired, add minced garlic and dried thyme to the oil and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add pork chops to the skillet and sear for 2-3 minutes per side, until browned.
- Transfer pork chops to a baking dish or sheet pan and place in the preheated oven.
- Bake pork chops for about half an hour, or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- Take out pork chops from the oven and let them rest for a couple of minutes prior to serving.
Optional: You can also add vegetables to the baking dish or sheet pan for a one-pan meal. Just add vegetables like potatoes, carrots, or onions around pork chops and bake them all together.
What are Some Recommendations for Baking Pork Chops at 350 °F?
– When baking pork chops at 350 °F (175°C), always check the internal temperature of the chops using a meat thermometer. This will give you an accurate indication of when they are done.
– Always preheat the oven before baking pork chops. This ensures that your pork chops cook evenly and properly.
– Herbs and spices can be used to season pork chops, or even a simple marinade before baking.
– When pre-searing pork chops in a skillet, make sure to get them nice and browned for maximum flavor.
– Give some time for pork chops to rest for 3-5 minutes after you’ve removed them from the oven. This helps redistribute the juices and keep them tender and juicy.
– Add vegetables to your baking dish or sheet pan for a one-pan meal. Just add diced potatoes, carrots, or onions around pork chops before baking and they’ll be cooked by the time the pork is done.
How Long Does It Take to Cook 2-inch Thick Pork Chops at 350 °F?
It will take approximately 35-40 minutes to cook 2-inch thick pork chops at 350 °F (175°C).
Can You Bake Pork Chops In Oven Without Pre-searing?
Yes, you can bake pork chops in oven without pre-searing them. Just make sure to season them well with salt and pepper, and bake them in the preheated oven for about half an hour or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
Is it Better to Bake Pork Chops at 350 or 375?
It is generally best to bake pork chops at 350 °F (175°C) as this temperature allows them to cook through without drying out. If you want to increase the crispiness of your pork chops, then you can bake them at 375°F (190°C).
Can I Add Vegetables?
Yes, you can easily create a one-pan meal by adding diced potatoes, carrots, or onions to the baking dish or sheet pan around pork chops. The vegetables will be cooked by the time the pork is done.
Can I Season Pork Chops?
Absolutely, you can season pork chops with herbs and spices, or even a simple marinade before baking for more flavor. You can also sear them with aromatics like garlic and thyme for even more flavor.
Do I Need to Rest Pork Chops After Baking?
Yes, it’s important to allow pork chops to rest for 3-5 minutes after you’ve removed them from the oven. This helps redistribute the juices and keep them tender and juicy.
In conclusion, cooking pork chops at 350 F is a great way to ensure they are cooked evenly and remain juicy and tender. Though the time to bake pork chops at 350 F can vary, pork chops are about 1 inch thick will take approximately 25-30 minutes to bake at 350°F on average.
With this simple advice in mind, you’ll have no problem creating delicious meals with properly cooked pork chops.